Sunday, September 30, 2007

Willie Must Go

The season is over. The Mets made history, now there must be changes. I belive the biggest change would be to get rid of the Maneger Willie Randolph. Personally, I do not think he will be fired. The Mets had a 7 game lead with 17 games to play and their collapse stands with those of the 1951 Dodgers, the 1964 Phillies, the 1978 Red Sox and the 1995 Angels as baseball's all-time worst.The managers for three of those teams Chuck Dressen, Don Zimmer and Marcel Lachemann, were released within two years of their teams collapses.

In order to move on for the future there needs to be changes. There needs to be player moves but for the sake of moving on and the future of the New York Mets there needs to be a New Maneger to get this team going. I do not want the Mets to always feel sorry for themselves for blowing it; I want them to come back next year and win. I dont feel like Randolph inspires the team being to even keel and never getting the tema going. I mean the Mets went freaking 1-6 against the Marlins, Cards, and Nats in their final homestand in a pennant race. Willie was unable to get his team to play better over the last few weeks of the season so he should go and the Mets should move on.The players are most at fault because they get "bored" sometimes with "so much talent". C'mon, if the Manager is unable to keep this team focused and going all year he needs to be removed. The players bad play comes back to the lack of inspiration by Willie to keep the Mets collected and focused over the last weeks of the season. Though, we all know Willie will be here next year. Omar loves Willie and will not let him go. “Do I think Randolph will be fired? No. The bottom line, Willie Randolph, for me, has done a good job. You don’t look at a person just one year. You look at a person over a couple of years and the change that has happened."

I find it funny because the media and the front office feels Willie does not deserve to be at fault. I agree that it is a combination between him and the players but I feel like the Media and the Front Office is not realizing the magnitude of his manegial mistakes over the last few weeks. It seems to me like the fans and the media/front office have 2 different opionions on the future of the Mets whether he should stay or go. But hey, Willie and Omar forever right?

No comments: