Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why Hate Milledge?

Earlier this week, the Mets played the Washington Nationals. Lastings Milledge returned to Shea for the first time after being traded and was boo'd pretty loudly. I was really surprised to see the hatred for Milledge by Mets fans. I was at the game and tried to find people that liked Milledge but was surprised to see such few Mets fans did. I really do not understand it. He was abandoned by the Mets and in return got treated poorly by the fans. I always thought Mets fans liked Milledge because he actually had swagger instead of another Yankee like attitude. I just would like to know why Mets fans boo'd and now hate Milledge. His rap label is not that bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure they hated on milledge because of what he has been saying, wright classed him by saying "worry about your team now, there is no need to discuss a team you do not play on" something along those lines, i felt at the games that the vibes were that he is better off now and that the mets "never treated him right"

much love- James