Thursday, August 02, 2007

Henderson Helps

Howard Megdal at The New York Observer reports on the influence of Rickey Henderson has had on players like Lastings Milledge and Jose Reyes.

“We’ve really connected,” 22-year-old outfielder Lastings Milledge said. “He’s helped me with my approach at the plate, my approach in general.” “I think it’s just about giving him confidence,” Henderson said. “Maybe the last time up here, he didn’t carry himself as a major leaguer. But I’ve been very impressed with him since I’ve been up here.”

Marty Noble at Mets.com writes about Jose Reyes and where his legs have taken him in Mets history.

When Jose Reyes stole second base in the ninth inning on Tuesday, he became the first New York player -- Mets, Dodgers, Giants, Yankees -- to steal at least 50 bases in three consecutive seasons.

No comments: