Monday, May 14, 2007

Wow

Yesterday I went to the Mets game. As they announced the Mets Starting lineup I heard that Carlos Gomez will be starting in right field. At first I thought Moises Alou who got hurt the other night was placed on the DL. I later found out it was Pelfrey. After hearing that Gomez was starting I was jubilent. I was so excited to see Carlos Gomez make his Major League Debut. Before the game I kept hearing people all over the stadium ask, "Whose Gomez, I've never heard of him." I was a little supprised that people did not hear of Gomez because he is considered one of the best outfield prospects. All that matters is Gomez did play, and boy did he. Gomez was 2 for 4 with a double, 2 runs, and a stolen base. He made a nice diving play in right field only because he had a terrible jump on the ball. The entire game Gomez got late breaks on all the fly balls to right, but thats only because he's been playing center field at AAA. It was a great day, great game, and hopefully when we look back at the career of Carlos Gomez Mets Fans what a first game, and I can say I was there.

No comments: